|Stage name||Kim Hyun Joong|
|Birth name||Gim Hyeon Jung (with Gim being his surname)|
|Birth date||6 June 1986|
|Star sign||Gemini (curious, passionate, open, independent, good with words and full of ideas)
|Chinese zodiac sign||Tiger (energetic, adventurous, independent, inventive, generous, restless and impulsive)|
|Place of birth||Seoul|
|Studies||Han Yang Gong Uhb high school and Kyonggi University, which he left to enrol at Chungwoon University in 2011 (stage management and production studies). In 2012, he enrolled at Kongju Communication Arts (KCAU) to study applied music.|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown (may also be blue lagoon -Haze period-)|
|Hair colour||Dark brown (and, depending on mood, grey, white, mahogany or blond)|
|Blood type||Type B|
|Career||21-month compulsory military service from May 2015 to February 2017. Posted to the 30th patrol division, based in the demilitarised zone between South and North Korea. Promoted to the rank of sergeant before being discharged.|
|Languages spoken||Korean, Japanese and English|
|Likes||Swimming, diving, fishing, football (he was on the FC MEN team along with a number of other celebrities), golf and ...good food.|
|Immediate family||Parents, a brother one year older than him called Kim Young Joong, a nephew.
Two sons (one born in September 2015 during his military service and the last one in September 2022).
|Friends||Lee Min Ho, Kim Bum, Kim Joon (T-Max), who he met while filming the Boys Over Flowers series. Childhood friends: T.O.P. (Big Bang), Kim JaeJoong (they house-shared for a while) & Park Yoochun (JYT and TVXQ).|
|Pets||Two border collies, ART (female) and MATIC (male)|
|Personality||Mellow, shy, respectful, an icon with a 'four-dimensional personality' (funny and a little quirky), an Epicurean.|
|Talents/Skills||Model, actor, singer, TV presenter, voice-over artist (dubbing), songwriter, composer, dancer, guitarist (highly skilled) and producer.|
|Fan Club name||HENECIA, founded in May 2011: the name is a combination of the 'H' from his own name, and the term 'benecia', which means 'blessed' in Latin. The logo is an alien.|
|Band||Gemini Band provides the backing music on tour : Bitna, Seohyun, Myeongil, Junhyung, and Eunchong.|
|Agencies/Labels||DSP Media, his first agency (he was spotted for his physique). KeyEast, his second agency (up until early 2020). Henecia Inc/Henecia Music, since 2019 (his own labels).|
|Various facts||What follows is the transcript of an article published in the year 2009 entitled “History of the childhood of KIM HYUN JOONG – interview with his mother”.
We do not know if it is an exact version or partial, romanticized information, but we’ve found this story so cute that we decided to share it here.
KIM HYUN JOONG began to walk at very young at the age of 9 months. Before that, although he could sit, he was not able to crawl on all fours and his parents were very worried.
KIM HYUN JOONG often got lost when his parents took him for walks in the park. The first time they panicked, but the following times they knew where to look for him...the place where musicians performed on the stage.
KIM HYUN JOONG was excellent in school and his parents never imagined that he would become an artist. He began to show his multiple talents as early as nursery school. He began to speak and count very early but he was especially interested in mathematics, drawing, singing, dancing and games. He learned to recognized words very quickly, while his one year older brother was less quick.
On the weekends his parents often took him fishing. Becoming an adult, as his mother would say, every time he felt oppressed by his work he would go fishing alone.
In primary school, he became his class’s representative. He would wake-up very early (6 o’clock in the morning, even before his little alarm clock would ring) to meticulously and independently take care of things he had to do.
He often won gold medals in mathematics and art competitions. He easily obtained the Hanja level 3 certificate that even older students had difficulty achieving.
His teachers congratulated him and would say that he was a quick learner and that he would have no problem getting admitted to the University of Seoul. His parents thought he would have a great career but not as an artist.
It was in his third year of secondary school that he decided to tell his family that he wanted to become an artist.
His father did not agree but decided to offer him a guitar so that he would not be absorbed only in his studies. His guitar teacher said he was very talented and that he learned in three months what would have taken someone else 3 year to learn, he advised his father to allow him to develop his artistic talents.
Papa obviously did not agree but KIM HYUN JOONG formed a group anyway, while working part time and producing on the stage.
Some neighbors told his parents: “we saw your son delivering chicken”. That is how his family found out that he was working in a fried chicken restaurant.
KIM HYUN JOONG was enrolled in an “artistic” high school as his parents wanted but he dropped-out of the school after a year.
His parents were not pleased and told him he must be responsible for his choices. They only gave him 10,000 wons (8 USD) per month.
His parents’ business activity (fashion company) was impacted by the financial crisis at the time. It was hard working nearly non-stop but after her work, his mother would often go to the restaurant where her son worked to see him for an hour before returning home.
In winter his mother waited-up very late in the evening looking for him from the window and would not go to bed until she saw him arriving in snow up to his knees. She would always turn off the lights to pretend that she was sleeping.
KIM HYUN JOONG then became in intern singer and only returned home when he had time off. He often came home hungry on the bus and most of the time he didn’t have enough money to pay for the bus and had to walk.
Despite that, he never asked his parents for money and he has a strong bond with his family. When his elder brother was studying in America and wanted to quit the university due to the high cost of tuition, KIM HYUN JOONG gave his brother a book and said “read it”. When his brother opened the novel to read it he found 300 million wons hidden in it. His brother called his father and told him he looked all over the check and couldn’t believe its amount. The family had difficulty believing that as an intern singer KIM HYUN JOONG could save so much money.
KIM HYUN JOONG admitted on a show broadcast on KBS2TV that once he was at the top of his class he began to work very early. “From the first day I wore a school uniform I focused all of my energy on working rather than studying and I work almost as much as an adult. With my spending money and part time salary, I think I put aside around 1 billion Krw”.
After he was enrolled in the University of Kjonggi his parents never worried about him again but always advised: “Please pray before doing something”.
When his elder brother went into the army, KIM HYUN JOONG told his parents that he would take care of them in the future.
His parents hoped he would become what he wanted to be, a singer, but they also wanted him to become responsible and have his own family.
|Other character traits||Kim Hyun Joong seen by himself
(Extract of the answers to a “MBTI” and a “Kkondae” test in June 2020)
- When he is under pressure, he tends to remain calm in such a way as to keep cool and quickly resolve the problems and tension.
- Does not easily initiate a conversation himself; he rarely speaks first.
- Often does things out of pure curiosity. Tends to want to try anything new.
- Does not like to be the center of attention
- Is capable of doing things on the spur of the moment without planning in advance (for example traveling).
- For some things he often prefers improvising over planning.
- Can change his mood rapidly.
- Likes truth in a discussion. Seeking the truth is more important to him than the fear of hurting the feelings of a person he’s discussing with.
- Is concerned about the way his acts may affect others.
- Is often envious of others. There are too many people that he would like to resemble.
- Hates parties/social demonstrations that involve role playing or costumes.
- Often spends time exploring ideas that intrigue him.
- Has never fired anyone in his company
- Listening to his heart is the most important when it comes to making decisions, even if logic also has its importance.
- It’s always better to plan for tasks, rather than “let things come”, that enables us to avoid being late accomplishing the things we have to do.
- If a friend is worried, he prefers to give him/her realistic advice rather than let him/her complain in his/her pitiful state. He will say to him/her: You will not die, it is a difficult time to get through now but your life will be better later.
- Finds that books are “a very boring thing”.
- Thinks that being able to keep plans that were previously made is the most important thing to any project.
- Is often lost in his thoughts when he walks in nature. His mind is often overwhelmed to explore ideas and plans.
- As a parent, prefers to see his child grow up being nice rather than intelligent.
- Think that reality and dreams are very different.
- Fears new situations. Is afraid of strangers. Does not easily or quickly bond with new people he meets.
- Has no difficulty preparing a personal agenda and respecting it. On the contrary, it’s his specialty. For example, loves to always be on time.
- Thinks everyone’s opinion should be respected. Loves the diversity of opinions and human dignity. Respects the tastes and personality of others.
- Tends to be exhausted when he spends time with many people.
- Always counts more on his experience that his imagination.
- In a room full of people prefers to stay in a corner rather than be exposed in the middle of the room. Doesn’t like to take part in meetings with a lot of people.
- Thinks things must be done within the planned deadlines. Doesn’t like to dither. When he realizes that he doesn’t have the time to do all he planned...he gets back harder to work.
- Loves to work in a group and have the feeling of belonging (even if he has to wear the same t-shirt as the whole group)
- Thinks that the formation and solidarity within groups is very important.
- Loves the recognition from people around him but also feels that he must be satisfied himself with what he accomplishes
- Isn’t concerned with how much it may cost him if something benefits the team.
- Thinks it is important to achieve a group objective, but also to grow individually.
- Loves to spend a lot of free time alone.
- Prefers to resolve problems by himself rather than listen to the opinion of the others. “His ears are blocked” in certain situations. Doesn’t like people that harass him with their opinion. When there is a problem he wants to judge for himself.
- Is very concerned with details and always draws-up detailed plans before starting a project.
- Even if he loves doing projects, he often tends to make decisions and spontaneously act depending on his mood.
- Loves to spend time imagining surreal situations but that he finds interesting.
- Doesn’t think the established rules are always important. Sometimes it is preferable to take into considerations individual circumstances. Down with the rules! If we always follow the rules we will not take the initiative. You have to break the rules in order to move ahead.
- If there is a problem, you have to choose the plausible/achievable solution, rather than idealize an improbable/unrealistic way.
- Prefers to listen to the opinion of others rather than express his own in first.
- When there is a problem prefers to resolve it promptly, rather than progressively rack his brain afterwards.
- Hates to quarrel or argue with others, always tries to avoid situations of conflict by agreeing with the opinion of other if possible.
- If someone does something bad, he cares about the feelings of the person in question, but doesn’t react making detours. Tends to give advice to people even when it doesn’t concern him.
- Respects the opinions and preferences of others and never finds others’ advice useless.
- Thinks you mustn’t privilege tradition over modernity. Hates traditional methods.
- Often feels limited when he bumps into people who don't think like him.
- Thinks that if someone is envious of him or what he have, this person only has to make the same efforts as him to obtain it.
- Prefers open discussions rather than try to lead people to agree with choices made in advance.
Concluded following these two Internet tests by :
"I don’t think a computer can judge a person - you have to judge people with your heart"
|Top Charts / Philanthropy :||Chart Classifications:
- Kim Hyun Joong released his first video clip “Please” at the end of May 2011. This song is taken the title by Drew “Take one To know one”. With this song, he became the only solo Korean singer to sell 100,000 copies of a single in only two weeks.
- In June 2011, over 70,000 copies of the album Break Down were pre-ordered and sold in less than 10 Days. This album was also the best -selling on “Gaon Album Chart” of 2011 albums in South Korea.
- Later that same year, his second album “Lucky” was ranked No. 5 on Billboard World’s Chart, in addition to having been the 10th best album of the year in South Korea with over 100,000 copies sold.
- Kim Hyun Joong was the first solo Korean artist to have a platinum-selling album with “Break Down” (Warner Music Taiwan) and “Tonight” (RIA-Japan).
In Japan - 2012 was his best year:
- In January, Kim Hyun Joong released his first single in Japanese “Kiss Kiss / Lucky Guy”, which went “gold”.
- In May of the same year, 16,000 copies of the DVD of his concert “First Impact” were sold in the first week after its release, climbing to the top of “Oricon DVD Chart”.
- It was the first time a South Korean artist took first place in this classification in Japan and the second time for a foreign artist.
- Later that same year, Kim Hyun Joong released his second Japanese single (from his album Heat). This album took third place among the best-selling albums in July, selling 196,850 copies, giving him his second and consecutive “gold certification”.
- In December of 2012 Kim Hyun Joong released his album Unlimited, for the first time entirely in Japanese. This one made it to the Top of the “Oricon Daily Chart” and took third place on the “Weekly Chart”.
- This is Love on september 2019, was topped the Oricon rock singles for the weekend of september 16 to september 23 and 7th on the Oricon combined single charts.
Kim Hyun Joong has a generous side that he is too modest to show and that is often unknown:
- He gave 50,000 USD to the Korean Red Cross in 2011
- He has often given part of his artists’ fees to organizations, such as Welfare Society and associations helping children.
- In March 2011, he gave 150 Million KWR following the nuclear disaster in Fukushima Japan.
- He gave 10 million KWR to the foundation created in his name by his fans to provide university entry grants to young people.
- He gave 50 million KWR to the Association of Senior Citizens living alone and continues to make donation to this association.
- He donated the profits of his first solo concert to an orphanage in the Fukushima prefecture.
- He took part in the Hang Ten “Save Earth” campaign.
- In 2013 he donated 100 million KWR to “One Foundation” for the victims of the earthquake in China (Lushan)
- More recently, in 2019 during the Bio-Rhythm tour he donated 9.7 million KWR in aid to the Sumakee Learning Thai student Center
- He participated in the purchasing of food to aid animals in a Korean zoo during the lockdown
- In 2010 Kim Hyun Joong was invited by the Organization of the 16th Guangzhou Asiatic Games as representative of South Korea, to sing with three other singers the song “Sunshine Again” in the opening ceremony. HERE (thank you to Piuman Kwong)
|Année||Description||Advertising / Modeling|
|2005||ELITE (school uniforms) (SS501)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2005||SAMSUNG ANYCALL (mobile phone)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2006||LOTTE SOLEM (ice cream)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2006||MIGHTY MAC (clothing) (SS501)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2006||TONY MOLY (cosmetics)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2006||Fashion show for stylist André Kim||Advertising / Modeling|
|2007||LEVIS JEANS (SS501)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2009||ANJO YUMEN (noodles)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2009||CONVERSE (sneakers)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2009||HOTSUN CHICKEN (Korean chicken chain)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2009||MVIO (clothing)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2009||DYNAMIC KIN and COCA COLA (drinks)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2009||SAMSUNG ANYCALL HEPTIC POP-MISSION (mobiles)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2009||LE COQ SPORTIF (clothing)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2009||COUPANG (shopping center)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2009||THE FACE SHOP (cosmetics -brand Ambassador)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2010||SEOUL FASHION WEEK for stylist Han Sang Hyuk (MVIO)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2010||I'M DAVID (clothing)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2010||BASIC HOUSE (clothing)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2010||SAMSUNG CARD (credit card)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2011||LOTTE DUTY FREE SHOP (duty free shop )||Advertising / Modeling|
|2011||HANG TEN (clothing)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2011||AEON Co ., Ltd (clothing)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2012||CENTER POLE (clothing)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2012||SLIM BEAUTY HOUSE Co, Ltd. (beauty salon)||Advertising / Modeling|
|2008||Honoraryu Ambassador of Evangelion||Other activities|
|2009||Honorary Ambassador of Korean Tourism Organization||Other activities|
|2012||Honorary Ambassador for United Nations - Korean Campaign on contributions to social Welfare||Other activities|
|2009||Honorary Ambassador of Hawaii Tourism||Other activities|
|Year||Albums & singles||Type|
|2005 à 2011||Singer and leader - SS501|
|2013||Kim Hyun Joong Greatest Hits Collection|
|2012||Kiss Kiss - Lucky Guy|
|2011||Marry Me - Marry You|
|2020||Moon, Sun and Your Song (Jp)|
|2018||Take My Hand|
|2018||Wait For Me|
|2014||Living Because/ I'm Alive||OST Drama City Conquest|
|2013||1sagain||OST Drama Common Story|
|2011||One Woman||OST Drama Closer to Heaven|
|2009||Because I'm Stupid||OST Drama Boys Over Flowers|
|2014||When Today Passes||OST Drama Inspiring Generation|
|2012||If you are Like me||OST Drama The Wedding Scheme|
|2018||Just For My Love||OST Drama When Time Stopped|
|2010||Thing called Happiness||OST Drama Boys Over Flowers|
|2015||You and Me||OST Drama Second 20s|
|2020||This is Love (JP)||OST Final Theme Drama TBS TV "Hiruobi" JP|
|2020||Pure Love (JP)||OST overture Drama Abema TV "One page of Love"|
|2010||One More Time||OST Drama Playful Kiss|
|2010||Making a Lover (SS501)||OST Drama Boys Over Flowers|
|2009||Album Samsung Anycall Heptic Mission||OST2 PLAY|
|2009||Album Samsung Anycall Heptic Mission||OST1 N4 Rolling Callin Darling|
|2008||Movie His Book Page 198 Looking||OST|
|2008||We Together||OST KBS drama Strongest ChilWoo|
|2009||Inerasable Love||OST SBS Drama Surgeon Bong Dal Hee|
|2006||Fly Away||Ost SBS Animation Koong ya|
|2009||What is Happiness||KBS F4 Special Edition|
|2005||She.. Laughed By 2SHAI||Music Video|
|2005||Can Love Be Refilled||Drama||William HJ Lee|
|2005||Non Stop Show MBC TV||TV Show||Himself|
|2006||Black Glasses By Eru||Music Video||Himself|
|2006 (nov) - 2007 (march)||MBC Show Music Central MC||TV Show||Himself|
|2007||Hotelier (with SS501)||TV Show||Himself|
|2008||We got Married Show MBC||TV Show||Himself|
|2008||Spotlight (with SS501)||TV Show||Himself|
|2009||Ready OK by T-Max||Music Video||Himself|
|2009||Boys Over Flowers SBS||Drama||Yoon Ji Hoo|
|2009||M-net F4 AFTER STORY||TV Show||Himself|
|2009||Boys After Flowers : F4 After Story||Musical Drama||Himself|
|2010||A Guy Thing By Gummy||Music Video||Himself|
|2010||Playful Kiss||Drama||Baek Seung-go|
|2010||Playful Kiss Special Edition Youtube||Drama (mini)||Baek Seung-go|
|2010||Cheburashka & Friends||Animated film||Voice dubbing (source ImDB)|
|2011||Dream High KBS||Drama||Guest episode 1|
|2012||Dream High 2 KBS||Drama||Guest episode 2|
|2012||City Conquest||Drama||Baek Mir|
|2013||Barefoot Friends||TV Show||Himself|
|2013||Moshi Monsters : The Movie ( Katsuma's voice)||Animated film||Voice dubbing (source ImDB)|
|2014||Inspiring Generation||Drama||Shin Jung-Tae|
|2018||When Time Stopped||Drama||Monn Joon Wo|
|2005||MBC Music Awards - Best New Artist (ss501)|
|2005||SBS Music Awards - Best New Artist & Most Popular Artist (voted by Netizen)|
|2005||M.NET and KM Music Festival New Group and Best New Music Video Award|
|2006||M.NET and KM Music Festival - best Artist in Dance category|
|2008||MBC Broadcast Entertainment Awards - Spécial Price best brand|
|2008||MBC Broadcast Entertainement Ceremonie Best Couple Awards - "We Got Married"|
|2008||MTV My Style Award in Thailand|
|2008||5the Asia Song Festival - MostPopular Artist in Asia|
|2008||22th Golden Disk Award - Top 10 Best Artists|
|2009||45th BaekSang Arts Awards - The Best 10 New Artist|
|2009||2ème Korea Junior Star Awards -Division TV Drama - Award (Boys Over Flowers) Newcomer|
|2009||4rd Seoul International Drama Awards - Best Actor|
|2009||45ème Baeksang Arts Awards -Most Popular Actor T- Boys Over Flowers|
|2009||Seoul International Drama Awards - Popular Actor Boys Over Flowers|
|2009||2nd Style Icon Awards - Most popular Icon|
|2009||White Gold Disk Award -Thailand|
|2009||Asias Top Buzz Korean - Male Artist (online Taiwanese vote) and Top buzz Group in Yahoo Asia Buzz|
|2009||Yahoo ! Asia Buzz Award - Korea's Top Buzz- Male Artist|
|2009||Yahoo ! Asia Buzz Award - Taiwan Top Buzz- Male Artist|
|2010||4ème Mnet 20's Choice Award Most Influental Star|
|2010||Sky Japon Perfect Tv Awards - Best Dresser|
|2010||3ème Style Icon Awards - Popularity Award|
|2010||Yahoo Asia Buzz Awards Hong Kong - Best Korean Artist in Asia|
|2010||Taiwan TOP Buzz Korean Artist (online votes Korea, taiwan, Hong Kong and Indonesia)|
|2010||The best 3rd searched Asia Buzz Award 2010|
|2010||29th MBC Acting Grand Prize - Male Populatity Prize (Playful kiss)|
|2011||MTN (Bloomberg TV) Best CF Model|
|2011||5th Style Icon Awards Kia Soul - People Choice Award|
|2011||Mnet Asian Music Award - Best Male Solo Artist - Break down|
|2011||Yahoo ! Asia Buzz Awards - Asia's Top Buzz Solo Artist|
|2011||K-Pop Buzz - Prix Isuto - Artiste solo|
|2011||Net citizens best research Hong Kong and taiwan Solo Artist|
|2011||Net citizens best research korean net citizens Solo Artist|
|2011-2012||America All K-POP Award - Best Male Artist Solo|
|2012||Zaika Nippo - Star of the year 2011 Cat. Hallyu Star|
|2012||9ème Asia Song festival Awards - Best Asian Artist Award|
|2012||9ème Asia Song festival Awards - Best Artist - South Korea|
|2012||Yahoo Buzz Awards - Taiwans's Top Buzz Solo Artist|
|2012||Yahoo Buzz Awards - Hong Kong's Top Buzz Solo Artist|
|2012||Yahoo Buzz Awards - Asia's Top Buzz Solo Artist|
|2012||Yahoo Asia Buzz Awards -Most Popular Artist of the Decade Meilleur Artiste populaire de la décade|
|2012||Miguhui Awards China Mobile Music Award - Most Popular singer Overseas|
|2012||Tower Record's K-Pop Lovers - Single Saesand (Grand Prize) Heat|
|2012||Mnet k-Pop idol Championship - Gold Medal|
|2012||48th Paeksang Arts Awards - Best Actor Price|
|2012||5ème Okinawa International Film Festival Creators Factory - Best Actor Award for Lucky Guy MV|
|2013||10th Music Award Korea Hallyu - best male artist solo|
|2013||Korean Entertainment Awards in Japan - Male artist solo|
|2013||Yahoo! Asia Buzz Awards - Most Searched Korean Artist|
|2014||Most Popular Actor and Outstanding Male Actor -Inspiring Generation - nominations.|
|2014||Yahoo ! Asia Buzz Awards - Most Searched Asian Artist|
|2006 - 2010||Various concerts and performances with the band SS501 (South Korea, Japan,
|2009||GOODBYE YOON JI HOO|
|31-March||Meeting with 4,000 fans to mark the end of the Boys over Flowers series and express his gratitude to fans.
This meeting was free (Olympic Hall Seoul).
|2010||GOODBYE BAEK SAENG JO|
|22-Oct.||Meeting with 2,000 fans to mark the end of the Playful Kiss series, free meeting for 2,000 fans that took place at the Dome Art Hall in Seoul.|
|2010||CONCERT FIRST LOVE STORY JAPON|
|27-Sept.||First solo concert in Tokyo after changing agents. Two concerts the same day, for a total of 6,200 fans.|
|2011||PLAYFUL KISS FAN MEETING|
|03-May||Osaka - 6,000 admissions|
|02-Aug.||Tokyo 10,000 admissions|
|2011||FAN MEETINGS ASIA TOUR (without concerts)|
|14-25 Aug.||Meetings with fans as part of a commercial brand representation deal. 14/8 Taiwan, 19/08 Singapore, 20/08 Malaysia, 23/08 Thailand et 25/08 Philippines.|
|2011||FIRST IMPACT - JAPON NATIONWIDE TOUR|
|9-23 Nov.||Japanese tour in eight cities: Osaka, Sapporo, Sendai, Hiroshima, Yokohama, Tokyo, Nagoya, Fukuoka 35,000 admissions.|
|2012||SEOUL FAN MEETING 2012|
|21-Feb.||Mini concert and meeting with 11,000 fans at the Jamsil Stadium.|
|2012||JAPANESE "PREMIUM LIVE 2012"|
|05-Feb.||Concert at the Yokohama Arena - 20,000 fans|
|2012||GUERILLA CONCERT JAPON|
|4-7 July||Surprise concert to promote the Heat mini album in Japan. 2,000 fans in Odaiba and Nagoya.|
|14-15 July||in Saitama, Japan - 70,000 fans|
|2012||ASIAN FAN MEETING TOUR 2012|
|4 May - 29 July||Meetings with over 106,000 fans during mini concerts. Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China (4 cities) and Thailand|
|2012||10-Aug.||2012 JINGU GAIEN FIREWORKS FESTIVAL JAPON (appearance)|
|2013||2013 JAPAN TOUR "UNLIMITED"|
|6 Jan. - 25 March||Tour in 11 Japanese cities: Kobe, Saitama, Nagoya, Shizuoka, Miyagi, Kagawa, Fukuoka, Osaka, Tokyo, Hokkaido and Hiroshima. Over 100,000 admissions|
|2013||2K13 "FEEL KOREA" au BRESIL|
|24-Feb.||Mini concert in São Paulo during an event held in celebration of 50 years of Korean immigration to Brazil.|
|2013||PEROU - FANMEETING|
|25-Feb.||Lima - Two-hour fan meeting concert. An intimate performance with limited capacity. 5,000 fans|
|2013||TONIGHT SPECIAL EVENT - FANMEETING-|
|04-June||Tonight album release - event in Tokyo - 10,000 fans|
|05-June||K POP FESTIVAL 2013 Live in Kumamoto (appearance)|
|2013||KHJ SHOW - PARTY PEOPLE|
|06-June||Birthday concert in Seoul (Hwajung Gymn.) Following Lotte fan meeting - 6,000 fans|
|2013||PREMIUM LIVE TONIGHT - FANMEETING-|
|20-21 Oct.||Makuhari (Chiba), Japan - 20,000 admissions.|
|2014||2014 WORLD TOUR PHANTASM in SEOUL|
|26 July - 7 Sept.||World tour initially planned with concerts scheduled in 11 cities in seven different countries. Thailand (Bangkok), Japan (Yokohama, Osaka, Hiroshima), China (Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing) and Peru. Changes were made to the tour following personal difficulties (Beijing and Mexico were cancelled).|
|2014||INSPIRING GENERATION FAN MEETING|
|2015||2015 JAPAN TOUR "GEMINI"|
|27 Jan. - 20 Feb.||Ten dates were initially planned. The tour was a massive success, and additional dates were subsequently added, for a total of 15 concerts in 11 Japanese cities (100,000 admissions).|
|2017||2017 JAPAN TOUR "INNER CORE"|
|3 June - 26 July||Tour following military discharge. 21 performances in 19 Japanese cities.
Cities: Shizouka, Osaka, Aichi, Miyagi, Niigata, Saitama, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kanagawa, Kagawa, Oita, Hokkaido, Iwata, Chiba, Tochigi, Kobe, Yokohama, Nagoya, Hyogo
|2017||2017 KIM HYUN JOONG FAN MEETING "ANEMONE"|
|29-April||Meeting with fans and mini concerts after 21 months of military service.|
|2017-2018||2018 WORLD TOUR "HAZE"|
|2 Dec. - 5 May||This world tour kicked off on 02/12/2017 in Seoul and ran until May 2018, for a total of 10 concerts in Bolivia, Chile, Mexico, Japan, Thailand and Macao.
|2018||2018 JAPAN TOUR "TAKE MY HAND''|
|13 dates in 12 Japanese cities.|
|27 Sept. - 1st Nov.||27/09 - Chiba, 7/10 - Fukuoka, 10/10 - Hyogo, 12/10 - Tokyo, 14/10 -Aichi, 17/10 - Miyagi, 20/10 - Shizuoka, 22/10 - Osaka, 24/10 - Shiga, 26/10 - Kagawa, 28/10 -Tokyo, 30/10 - Sitama, 01/11 - Horoshima|
|2019||2019 "NEW WAY " - CONCERTS South Korea|
|9-10 Feb.||Seoul Blue Square Market Hall|
|23-Feb.||Busan KBS Hall|
|2019||2019 WORLD TOUR "BIO-RHYTHM"|
|21&22 Aug.||Osaka, Japan|
|07-Sept.||Hong Kong (cancelled due to political conflicts)|
|18-19 Sept.||Tokyo, Japan|
|25-26 Oct.||Osaka - Special THE SYMPHONY performance. Special performance staged with a philharmonic orchestra.
The "KIM HYUN JOONG 2019 WORLD TOUR "BIO-RHYTHM" world tour relaunched, having kicked off in Osaka on 21 August.
|25-Jan.||Manila – Philippines|
|Total tour admissions : 47.000|
|2019||2019 CHRISTMAS Fan Meeting: Christ Joongs|
|11-12 Dec.||Japan - special guest - 10,000 fans|
|2020||2020 JAPAN TOUR "MOON, SUN AND & YOUR SONG"|
|The Japanese tour initially scheduled for 21 dates shortened due to Covid-19 restrictions.|